Saturday, January 26, 2002

Mi Gente! Here is what's up. Today one of the two young men i'm decipling comes to me. With tears in his eyes he tells me he got in a mess of trouble. So, i Proceed and ask what was up. He says one of his friends brought to school, a can of some computer duster. For dusting keyboards and things like that. So, the fellow that brought the can convinces my guy and another kid that the can contains helium. So, thinking that it would be fun to make some funny voices they proceed and inhale the air coming out of the can.
Well, as you might guess. They were as high as the sky. So, his teacher notices and sends him to the office. So, school authorities find this out and they investigate. So, they come with what went down. The school suspends my guy for three days, he gets sent to a six month program for drug abuse. And can no longer eat lunch with the rest of the kids. Instead he comes and sits during lunch with his school counselor. This is what is happening in the life of an urban youth worker. So, I thougt of what i should do. I'm suspeding him from coming to Bible study for two weeks and hanging out on monday nights. I have to be harsh some times but it's alright. If i don't put a stop to it now. It might go on to something bigger. (any comments : sergio@qvo.cc) I plan to spend a lot of time with him during his 3-day suspension time. Please pray for people like me. Its seems that satan is attacking us from every angle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home