Friday, January 16, 2004

I just got back from watching "21 Grams." An emotionaly strong and compellingly sad movie. The movie is about 3 different characters whose lives intervene through a car accident. An drug addictive widow, a terminaly ill profressor an a ex-convict. It carried a lot of feeling. In several parts through out the movie I almost cried. Tragedy is horrible when it strikes you or near you. Some people can deal with it some cannot.

I connected to some of the characters on different levels. When one of the characters is told by the doctors, her two daughters passed away. Its impossible to not feel her pain and anguish. It made me think about my grandfather Adrian who passed away of cancer. And how my mom felt when she lost her dad. I personally think I wouldn't be able to take, emotionally, someone dear to me if they passed away. Sometimes I think how I would react if either one of my parents were to leave me now. And I pray I don't have to deal with that now.

The ex-convict, played by Benecio del Toro, whos character is also a born again Christian, involved in church and ministry, highly committed to the Lord. Has to go through redemption and receive forgiveness before he can wash away the guilt he is carrying from some of the events that happen to him in the movie. I connected on some level with the character. There is a lot of people out there whom, I caused much pain. I know God has forgiven me....

I didn't give the movie away...'cause I want people to see it. I strongly give it a 5 out of 5. Hat tip to IƱarritu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home