Monday, January 28, 2002

Hola Everybody! Well, the last couple of days were Chido(cool). On Sat. night. Two of my friends came to visit from Compton. Andres and Alex. It was nice to see them. We went out to dinner at la fonda that's on Fair Oaks. It was good. I had a gordita and two asada tacos. The best Mexican spot in Pasadena. Orale. Check it out sometime. Later in the evening one of the older guys from our Bible study, Carlos, had a b-day party for Claudia his sister. It was awsome. The had carne asada sizzling on the grill, tortillas, beans, arroz, guacamole. It was off the hook(urban slang for: it was a well prepared party). The best part was when the Mariachi band comes. "Somos El Mariachi Michoacan" said the guy. That was their name. The sang for Claudia and we sang with them. It was a nice surprised from her mom. Later in the evening we were all sing along with the mariachi songs from Jose Alfredo Jimenez, Juan Gabriel and Cornelio Reyna. We made memories that night.
Sunday, i didn't get to attend my church. I was a little upset about that. But i got over it. I didn't think i was going to be able to attend a service but to my surprise. My friend Martha gets a hold of me. Martha is from Costa Rica. She just came back to the US and we hadn't seen each other for 9 months. We went to a Christian college together. Anyway, we talk and she invites me to concert. Supposely, the band "All together Separate" was giving the concert. But it was actually a church service. The had Pastor Raul Ries from Calary Chapel in Diamond Bar Ca. Harvest is the name of the church pastored by Greg Laurie(www.harvest.org). It was a very nice service with a good sermon. They also had Ginny Owens as a guest singer. This church was awsome. They were also airing the service on cable television. This church is of the hook check out their website.
I think i'm gone take my guys to one of their services. They are going to have the band "Bleach" as a guest worship band this coming Sunday.
I think i'm going to be there. Well, talk to ya'll later. (comments: sergio@qvo.cc)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home