Tuesday, June 17, 2003

How do you liberate the mind? Coming into terms with my Mexican-American girlfriend. I think about all the influences I have about how a woman and a man should relate to each other. I believe a macho to be strong, leader, provider, caring for his family and for his land. And I believe the woman should be not a "Maria" but understand her role as a Mexican wife. But how can you implant an idea like that into someone who has grown their whole life inside the United States. So, I ask myself why is it hard to cope with her. My Christian friends tell me that its sin inside my heart. But is it sin to expect the values that were planted in my from childhood.
Americans say they want freedom. I ask what kind of freedom or freedom from what? Many people tell me that I'm too Mex. But they don't see what I see. When I look around my community, I see the values implanted in the kids. Listening to music that tells them that freedom means to flaunt yourself or to sell drugs. They rather listen to 50 Cent and don't appreciate Jose Alfredo Jimenez or Pedro Infante.
Is hard to be here. With no green card held prisoner to dependency. But through my thinking and rationalizing I believe He has a plan for me. And what ever it is , is good. Some times I wonder, what if we would of stayed in Mexico? What would it have been of me. Would I be fishing in a panga or something else.
What ever it is, Its only wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home