Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Today was a good day. Things went by smooth today I went running in the morning I'm committed to losing the 40lbs I've gained since I got here 5 years ago. So, this morning I started running. I ran for 40 minutes aftter running I did a few sit ups and push ups. After that I showere and got ready for the day. I had the best cup of coffee I've had so far, brought from Costa Rica. I read Proverbs 21 and a chapter in Romans. Before I was able to finish my cup of coffee and bagel Jamaal came from up stairs and we talked for a while. I'm glad I got to talk to him because he left today for a month to Hawaii with one of my house mates. After that a couple moms and their kids came by to ask for a ride. So, like a good samaritan that I try to be I did. Came back from dropping them off and headed over to our family time. The workgroup that is here right now runs the song and skit part of our family time and they do a great job on it. I'll send you some pictures Rudy. After family time I made a ran to get supplies and other things. After coming back I had lunch with the workgroup then drove the kids to swimming. After dropping them off at swimming I spent some time with Ronnie one of the young black guys in our community. His dad is marrying this coming August and asked me to be in his wedding. The only thing is that I have to pay $75 which is not so bad but it will put a small dent in my fundraising, being in the wedding is worth so much more than that so I don't mind paying.
After bringing the kids from swimming I stayed out in the front signing kids out. I enjoy being out front because I talk to the parents and get to know them. After the kids went home I drove all our junior staff and Flo to La Canada to go swim at Frits house. We swam for two hours and had Churche's Chicken. We got back about 8:30 with enough time to take a shower and sow a button on a pair of my shorts. Now I'm here outside on my porch listening to Mana, writing on this so called blog with Deon eating a sandwich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home