Saturday, November 13, 2004

I was thinking about this past week. There is several single moms in our community some of which I know because I share my life with their kids. Don't know this has happened to any other one of my youthworkers out there. Getting hit on by the moms. The first time that happened I didn't know what to say except just pretend I didn't hear it. Now, as a more experience man I'm able to deal with it directly. But let me tell you about my first experience with that.

I was invited to a quinciaƱera by one of the families. Its the mom and she has 4 kids. She was like yeah Sergio you should come and party with us (meaning the whole family) and of course my youthworker mind was yeah! I could connect with the kids. So, agreed to go. Now as some of you may know how I like to dress up when I go to such events. I got myself all pimped out black shoes, black pants, black shirt and a grey blazer to give it some finess. Well, so I get to the party and the kids are like hey we are over here. So, right away the mom is like lets go dance. I'm like sure. So, he hit the floor and I was doing my thang you know. Well, after the band stops playing we go and sit down. As we are all sitting down the lead singer of the band walks up to me and says I'll meet you outside. So, i'm thinking cool he wants to do some networking or something (networking is so cliche (spll?). So, I asked the mom I'll be right back. She is like leaving him alone he is my kids dad. Well, little did I know they had broken up like 5 months ago. So, I'm like I really need to talk to him to figure out whats going on. While I approach him to shake his hand. He is like i'm gone give you to 10 to leave before I kick your ass. And i was like wow take it easy man. After I told him who I was and his older son conviced him I worked for Harambee and I had nothing to do with his X romantically. He was cool. So, it was a lesson learned.

Okay I think thats enough. Gotta go finish my work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home