Saturday, August 26, 2006

Back in a LA after a long vacation. I had a lot of joy this summer, a big part was due to being around my family. We stayed at my parents home in a room they have for us. A bit tight but cozy for the three of us.
It wasn't technically a vacation because I was working. Six of the 7 weeks of vacation I thinned apples with my dad. It was hard work for the pay I got, well at least thats what it seemed to me. I've always felt that type of work should be paid better. Let me give you an example of why I feel like that.
Lets look at my dad for example. He was born 1939, which makes him?? 67 or something around there. He has been working for the same orchard for the last 15 years and he makes $8 an hour, he works over 40hrs. a week and doesn't get paid for the overtime he works. It would be awesome if he was at least making $10 an hour. It would help him more with bills and paying the mortgage (spll?) on their house. Don't get me wrong the when I say all this and think that I'm trying to bash on my dad's employers. The do a lot of great things for a lot of people, and have done a lot to help me in my development as a man, and christian. It would just be a blessing for my dad to get paid better.

My prayer is to finish school and be able to bless him and my mom with their needs because they deserve that from me and more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home