Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Feeling a little better than yesterday. My throat still bothers me and my stomach aches will go away and come back. My head starts hurting when the medicine wears off. I still have school this week and next. Today I felt like I was gonne fall over at school. I didn't have any food in my system and as I walked I felt like I was going to tip over. It felt weird. I have no idea what my professors said during their lectures. I felt like I had a fever the whole time I was there. Its been helpful being off work. Resting during that time is a blessing. Although at times I feel uncomplete. Taking care of myself. A friend told me its a feeling people who are in ministry get. Being used to taking care of other people and not yourself.

I'm driving Peydria to union station today. I'm sad that she is leaving but its life. I pray God is with her where the wind takes her. I have plans to stop at a church to get a rosary blessed as a symbol of my friendship and a prayer for God to send angels of mercy, protection and grace where ever she goes. I"m gonne miss you friend. I'm gonne miss or thursday morning breakfast together talking about how much God has done for us and loves us, saying corny jokes and enjoying whatever we had to eat that morning. Thank you for your love and your words. I love you friend.

Here is to you for your strenght in weakness:
After a while you learn
the subtle difference between
holding a hand and chaining a soul.
And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
and company doesn't always mean security.
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
and presents aren't promises;
and you begin to accept your defeats
with your head up and your eyes ahead
with the grace of woman, not the grief of a child
and you learn to build all your roads on today
because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans
and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.
After a while you learn
that even sunshine burns if you get too much.
So you plant your own garden
and decorate your own soul
instead of waiting for someone
to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure
you really are strong
you really do have worth
and you learn
and you learn
with every goodbye, you learn...
© 1971 Veronica A. Shoffstall

I took this from my friends site.

1 Comments:

Blogger Starfighter Girl said...

You know, I typed in my name in Google and this is one of the hits. I read it again with new eyes I think. Wow. It's been almost a year and so much has happened and I feel good about things right now. I am so lucky to have a friend like you even though I'm lame and I don't call often. I think it was always so good to sit down and chat with you. I miss you Serg and always think of you as my brother.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home