Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Pinche spammers de blogger

What is up ya'll? I'm in Seal Beach hanging out at my bro-n-laws house.
A very nice area but too expensive for me to live here. Work is getting more interesting, in the sense that i'm getting to know more peoples lives better. This past week talking to one of my co-workers, an older hispanic women name Paulina shared about her life. I was at the right moment at the right time I guess. She was venting about how life was hard, her husband has Schitzoprenia(spll?). I felt bad for her, it seems that she has a lot of weight on her shoulders. The end of my break came too quick and didn't leave me enough time to offer prayer or anything before leaving the employee lounge and going back to work. Later that evening I got a chance to encourage her to pray and ask God for what ever she needs.
Through out more interactions with other employees, I've come to the conclusion that about 90% of the work force there is illegal. It makes me feel right at home, specially with the little pay and hard work. I'm praying the Hispanic work force gets more recognition as time passes, it deserves it. The work I do at my night job is very hard, for 6.75 p/h. At least is better than what my parents make, my mom makes 7.65 p/h and my dad 10 cents less after 12 years on the job.

Keep me in prayer. I been feeling like quiting my night job. Part of the reason is I feel its unfair sometimes, since i'm the only male working in the kitchen. A lot of the time I cover 4 grills, 5 fryers and on top of that I have to bring up boxes of meat, fries, veggies etc.

Life is good regardless of all of this. My wife's belly is growing big, we were both laughing at how she feels she has a watermelon in there. Just 7 more weeks, wow!

Sorry, to my peeps in Pasadena that want to see me. We plan on going up there soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you bro :) - nap

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep working hard and putting God in the spot light for others to get to know Him. God has you where you are for a reason. God will open another door when its time for you to leave where you are now.
Just remember the marine saying "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Lissette R.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home