Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Man its hot. I spent part of this morning hanging with the pre-k shorties. It was good. Almost all of them don't speak English. So, the teacher is having a hard time teaching them. I read a couple books with them but wasn't very successful because of their short attention span. After going outside for playing we came back in. Misses Sara, their teacher tried to do a bible lesson but it wasn't working out. She tried to explain how Jesus can help us in time of trouble but the only problem was that they didn't know who Jesus was. So, I took over and went back to la dotrina days with Jovita. Jovita is problably the oldest person I know. She taught me when I did my first communion and confirmation. I remember walking up the mountains to get to her house back in Mexico for our late afternoons of la dotrina. Today I found myself doing the same thing. And I taught about her. I asked the kids if they ever had gonne to church with their parents? They said yes. All are catholic. So, I asked them if they ever seen the guy on the wall in inside the church. They were all like yeah, si vimos el seƱor. And I was thats Jesus. After that prayed with them. It was neat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home