Friday, March 18, 2005

Shopping for a Quinceañera dress..
and thinking isn't this something a woman minister should be doing? But if I said that it would make me a sexist and I know a sexist is something I'm not. So instead I feel blessed that I was with this family as they were looking for the perfect gown for a quinceañera. We went to Broadway in downtown LA. That place trips me out, with all the different poeple, and curiostiy shops you find there. Seeing from all walks of life. I can't convey what I felt because I'm not good with words. Blame it on being born in Mexico and growing up in a household with Spanish speakers only.
So, back to what I was saying about the shopping. Being part of the process was cool. I hope if God ever blesses me witha daughter, that He will allow me to be part of the process of picking out her dress. From her communion dress to her wedding. Its a beautiful thing.

Some of the buildings .


from other side of the street


This was one of the stores we visted, the didn't like anything.


Tia, Quinceañera and mom.


La Quince, she chose the style of the white dress behind her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home