Monday, March 14, 2005

What a long weekend, it started on friday with a concert. I took three of my guys, Mark Anthony, my friend Eliel and one of the youtheses I was mentoring and whom was in the bible study I was teaching while serving with Northwest Neighbors, Jeffrey is his name. He is in high school, and sounds well adjusted. I'm glad for that one. Because I know some of the other boys that were in the same bible study are not doing as good. So, we picked him up and pile up in my small nissan. We went to a place called "No Future Cafe" which is ran by a four-square church. Every friday night they host bands that rock that little room out. 4 gets you in the door and a free iced mocha. It was a fun night, the boys in my bible study were not so thrilled about it because they don't like any other genra of music outside of hip hop. As soon as we drove to the place they started kind of making fun of the people that were hanging outside the place which was pretty much all rockers, punks and emo kids. I told them if they got jumped by someone for making fun of them I wouldn't defend them. They were like why not Sergio? I was like becuase it ain't cool to make fun of someone for what they look like. I told them to look at what we were doing as an experience not as something they have to do. So, they ended up liking the experience. I got admit it was a good little show. They had a metal band of mostly 9th graders that rocked that place out and had my guys standing on chairs so they could see passed the metal heads worshinping the band by whipping their hair up and down.
After the show they slept over and got up at 7am to do the carwash. And I still feel like I did most of the work. They had me laughing pretty hard. One of the boys had never washed a car before. Erik and Lone brough their car over, and I think they were the second ones. So they pulled the car into the drive-way, and Christian grabs the hose and sprays the car. So, i'm waiting for him to grab the bucket and start washing the car. I waited and asked you got that one Chris? He is like its done already Sergio. At that point I was rolling with laughter. He was laughing with me. Then I had to teach him how to do it. It was good. We raised $211, considering I passed out fliers the day before. $400 to go and we have a trip. Awesome. Thanks to all you who came out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home