Friday, November 04, 2005

Fake Bill$

Work was rather interesting yesterday. Working on register is always challenging on different levels, finding all the items that people can order is the most challenging one, the other one is making sure you are watching out for fake bills. Last night, I got take twice, a couple of young males came in and paid with fake twenties. By the third time i caught on to thier littl scheme. It was a bummed out because they got away and of course because I was short on my till. Not a big deal, the managers told me not to worry about it and to be careful next time, I still gotta talk to the store manager and get it from him.
This week we had a district meeting to go over the holydays sales, there is going to be a lot of new items that are going to be offered, so we had to get to know those and do tasting. Also, I found out that as partners we get 40% off on all the merchindise, it looks like i'm going to be able to buy that esspresso machine I've been wanting. A lot of good things happening. I'm getting to know more the people I work with and beginning to understand the politics. At our district meeting I was able to catch up with the manager that hired me, she is from Hawaii, she told me she was really happy that I was with the team. She said she fought for me to go work at her store but the other hiring manager had dips on new partners and she wasn't able to do much about. I felt good when she told me she saw manager written all over me and that after the holydays if I wasn't getting trained to take on more responsability to give her a call. Hopefull the fake bills I got won't count against me. My lesson was learned, but I still asked myself why, and maybe God knows why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home