Thursday, October 17, 2002

God has been good to me. Let be known that I Sergio Castaneda praise God for His mercy on my life.
Hey! I want everyone to know that prayer is necessary to live. Especially friends who pray for you. There is several places in the Bible where we see people helping people get closer to Jesus. There is one story in the Bible when Jesus is preaching in the synagogue(sp). Two guys carry a guy who is an invalid. To the top of the roof of the building where Jesus was make a hole and drop the guy down in front of Jesus.
Now, I'm just thinking this is funny. These guys were some serious friends who believed in Jesus. Now, I down think they lowered the guy down. They were problably thinking. Our friend is already jacked up. If we drop him in Jesus will be able to fix him. So, they took this man and dropped him through the roof. Awsome story. I've notice in my reliationship with my peers that we need that. But sometimes our sin dosen't let us see the good our Christian brothers are trying to do for us. Wanting to pray for and with us. Hang out spend some time. Jesus spend some much time hanging with people. Eating was a big thing. Sometimes I think the reason Jesus used the time during meals to preach and talk because while everybody was busy eating He could talk without being interrupted.
I've tried it. It works. We need friends to pray for us, to hugh us, to kick our butt when we need to be kicked. God knows I need that.
And that's part what I portray where I live. Hanging out with the locals guys. And my two deciples. Just kicking it. Eating together. Talking mess to each other. I have a friend that has done that for me on my college side. She is a girl(aaaayyyy!!!!!) Her name is Wendy.
Awsome character. She has played a big role in my pushing towards studying and getting my college stuff together. She motivates me to want to accomplish more and be "good" student. Thank you Wendy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home