Sunday, March 20, 2005

I often here the people I hang out from the little witty ones to the oldest complain about something or another. Mostly I hear the guys I mentor complaining about clothes, sneakers this and that. Things that as you grow up you understand don’t have much matter. Last night I met three Hispanics whom I respect and admire much. One, she is getting her doctorate in education at UCLA and the other two are getting law degrees from Columbia. It was joyful hearing what they are doing and it was also to connect on how hard school is. I’m sure a doctorate is hard, and I sit and wonder what I’m looking forward to, once I complete my BA. Back to complaining, its not necessarily complaining. But for me one of the biggest struggles I have is realizing the hard time I have with reading comprehension and writing. I understand my education wasn’t the best I could have had. I only received ESL training for one year when I first came to the US. And then I was moved to a regular classroom. A lot of times I wonder how much different my life would have been if only I would have been able to comprehend what I was reading in my early grammar years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home