Thursday, July 24, 2003

Today i got up thanking God. Which I forget to do on most mornings. I feel better about the whole situation this week. Having to let go and let God at my house was difficult. I was being angry cause all these 32 boys had take over the house leaving no space for me. And usually I have my room as a refuge. Except this week because a couple of boys from San Francisco are staying with me. Kyle and Josh are their names, normal teens. I was feeling so good that I made breakfast for the three of us. We had steak and eggs, which was good.

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
Matthew 11:28-29
My friend Rhema in her apologies sent this verse to me. Which I had forgotten. And it helped centerd my self more on Him, which is good.
I was losing it. Just one more week before I go up north. Living in the inner city is hard. In the last two days we had 4 shootings right by where we do ministry. Someone got shot and everybody started going crazy. The bird was going crazy with the sky light patroling the hood at night. I had to go and tell the group with us to go to sleep as soon as possible. And to go inside the building. Cause some of them were sleeping outside.
Living here is hard. I was talking about someone about it. We are constantly being attack by satanas. You only have to sit for a minute and look around to notice all the spiritual stuff going on.
All I can do is be prayful about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home