Saturday, July 31, 2004

Several of the kids have told me that they want me to be their dad. I can't never reply to that all I can do is love them and treat them right. I miss my dad eventhough he has never been very affectionate with me. Everytime I see him I have to steal a kiss, He is soon reaching 70. I remember sitting with him in our truck when I was young. I remember the drive to the city and all the cows we saw on the way along the road. I remember everytime we saw cows he used to ask me whos cows they were and I used to reply they were mine. I remember him helping him to paint the doors he used to make. I remember going with him to pick up materials for work. I remember him teaching me about picking apples and pruning the trees in the orchard. I have friends that grew up with out a dad. I can see their pain and hear their complaint. And it hurts me to see them like that.

Below is a song by Vicente Fernandez I cry for my dad eveytime I listen to this song:
Se van perdiendo en el tiempo
mis años,
se van quedando muy lejos!
ya no me lleva mi padre la mano,
solamente sus consejos.
viven en mi los recuerdos de niño
cuando una estrella deceaba,
como recuerdo a mi padre!
que con esos sonreia
mientras mi madre miraba.
años que vienen despacio, primero
con que lentitud avanzan.
como queria ser grande, recuerdo,
para no quedarme en casa.
y acompanar a mi padre muy lejos
talvez hasta el fin del mundo!
por que mi padre era fuerte,
era muy inteligente!
era mejor que ninguno!
hoy ya no quiero que pasen los años,
por que mi padre ya esta viejo.
se le han cubierto de arrugas
sus manos, y de nieve sus cabellos!
oh! senor, deten el tiempo te pido!
por que tu puedes hacerlo!
por que yo en verdad no entiendo,
Dios mio!por que?
por que se nos va lo bueno?
cuando se cansen un dia tus pasos
yo quiero ser quien los cuide
mientras tanto dame el brazo
y vamos a ver aver que vas a decirme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home