Monday, March 21, 2005

Today while driving one of the migrant mothers from the community to get an ID at McArthur Park so she can be able to get a job. I had a chance to talk to her about going deeper with God, I think it was akward for her becuase some catholics, are not very spiritual and she is one of these catholics. I asked her if she thought I was crazy. She said, "No Sergio, contal de que no estes tratando de conectarte con Satanas." I’ve been like my friend Greg titles his journal looking for true riches. I'm reading again a book called Life Of The Beloved and in the first chapter I found this quote:

"Self rejection is simply seen as the neurotic expression of an insecure person. But neurosis is often the psychic manifiestation of a much deeper human darkenss: the darkness of not feeling truly welcome in human existence. Self-rejection is the greatest enemy of the spiritual life because it contradicts the sacred voice that calls us the 'Beloved.' Being the Beloved expresses the core truth of our existence."
From Life Of The Beloved: Spirtual Living In A Secular Love by Henry Nouwen

I thought it was worthy of being posted. I guess I see something in it becuase a lot of the time I don't feel truly welcomed in my surroundings. And I know this is just part of my self-rejection. Some of you have read previous posts where I talk about my struggle with school. How hard it is to find a job as a migrant worker. I feel as Gods son, I don't deserve to be going through a lot these struggles. But I know its all part of my self-rejection. And I know there is purpose to seek out in God. Becuase all the answers lie in Him, my creator. I can lose my self trying to find fulfillment in my job, career, family, youth ministry. Thinking that is going to fulfill me and make me feel good. But the truth is in order to find our true purpose we need to look to God our creator. He is the one that holds the manual for our life. And that manual is The Bible.

Tomorrow i'm hanging out with a friend, his name is Father Greg Boyle. I want to hear about kinship from him and what it is like to truly give up your life to serve God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home