Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I felt the need to look up some verses on repentance. There is a lot of areas in my life which need for me to get on my knees and pray. Number one being not having a daily time for devotions with God. My disregard to give all to God, every area of my life and letting him win my battles. I read some notes about a sermon dealing with single poeple. The notes said the number one reasons single people deal with are 1. loneliness 2. sexual frustration and 3. finance. This is true in my life I'm not gonne deny it. I want to be honest and ask for prayer. So many aspects of my life that need to fall under Gods dicipline and I know my life can never be perfect so i'm nestled in the thought that God loves me no matter what. That he is always going to recieve me with wide open arms. No matter how bad things are at work, no matter the number of times I my put my selfish desires in place of His will in my life. So, if you read this be in prayer with me if you feel called.
Things I'm dealing with right now:
1. Learning to repent and accept forgiveness. This needs to be done daily for me, what can I say I'm a work in progress and God is chipping away.
2. Learning to trust God to get me through the hard times. Finances are always tight with me. I'm going to try to send my newsletter this week. If you want to help stuff envelops and hang out that would be nice. I promise a good cup of coffee or a cup of tea.
3. Learning to accept the loneliness and remebering to get on my knees during all these times. Its hard being away with family. At the moment my community is not as tight as I wish It was. Its divided and its evident and I'm standing in the middle tapping my foot waiting to do.

Those are my biggest needs right now. Thats my life right now.






Reflections this morning
Deuteronomy 4
30 When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the LORD your God and obey him. 31 For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath.

2 Chronicles 7
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Ezekiel 18
30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD . Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD . Repent and live!

Matthew 4
Jesus Begins to Preach
12When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he returned to Galilee. 13Leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum, which was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Naphtali-- 14to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah:
    15"Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali,
       the way to the sea, along the Jordan,
       Galilee of the Gentiles--
    16the people living in darkness
       have seen a great light;
   on those living in the land of the shadow of death
       a light has dawned."
17From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."

Luke 18
The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[1] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
13"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'
14"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Acts 2
38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."
40With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home