Thursday, November 25, 2004

Serving Deep Fried Turkey
I juat got back from the Kings Villages, Turf controlled by the Latin Kings of Pasadena. A church was serving the people in that community Thanksgiving dinner so I went down there to help them serve. The lady organizer put me on turkey carving, the guys doing the same thing laughed when I told them the only experince I had carving was, carving carne asada. And afterwards they were graceful enough to guide me through the process. It was fun.
I was able to see some familiar faces, like Chris and Maggie as well as some other people I know from Lake Avenue Church. It was fun. The best part was gettting to know two other Chrises one who coaches football at Blair High School and the other whom I met a while back through his wife who directs the stars program out of Villa 500.

And for the first time Andy Bales remembered my name. The funny part was that I called him Larry instead of Andy, funny stuff. Okay, enough of that I'm out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

happy thanksgiving sergio. i'm thankful for you.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home