Saturday, March 26, 2005

God was listening to the boys...
today Rigo came up to me when he showed up to help with the fundraising carwash and said,"Hey Sergio last night me and the twins prayed. We lit up some candels got together and prayed that God would favor our fundraising." In all honesty I was surprised that they would do that. But I'm glad they did. In between the carwash and the carne asada sale we raised enough to rent a mini van. All we need now is money to pay for the insurance on it.

We had a good size of people come out, I even go to do some evangelism with some new people that just moved into our neighborhood. A lady with a teen age son and dughter just moved in and is excited about being part of the Jarambee. WIll see if they come around. Flo her name is Diane, so keep an eye out.



Hero Award goes to...El Tip
thanks for the help Tipton, Tipton is one of the associate directors at Jarambee. He came and helped us all day.



Helper Award goes to...La Viri
Viri is one of the girls that comes to Jarambee for afterschool program and fellowship. She is an awesome help with the kids at Jarambee. She came helped us all day long until we were done. Thanks Viri, you are the man.






Mas Imagenes

Dos de maiz y una de arina maistro...Genaro is one of the dads from the community who came over and help me cook the meat for the asada tacos


Rigo one of the boys in my bible study getting the job done.


Where the action happened.


Maggie and Joanna came out to help and bless us with their Joy


We had some Danish come out for some carne asada tacos.


Bryan and BB flagging the cars down.


Carne Asada any one???




I praise God for helping us raise enough funds for the car rental. If any one would like to still help let me know. We need to pay for insurance.

And I'm out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Starfighter Girl said...

I am glad to see you takin' pictures all the time. Helps me feel connected!

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sergio,
Hey, it's Damien O'Farrell - Bridges in Riverside. I'm just keepin' up on you through your blog. Maybe I missed it somewhere, how much are you short on your van rental needs?

Damien

5:55 PM  
Blogger Chequelin said...

Damien,
Hey bro, long time. We were able to raise enough money for a car rental. The guy that was going to help me drive got a job and can't go with me though. So i'm going solo. The need we have right now is being able to stop and sleep at a hotel on the way there and the way back. If you feel led let me know.

Peace,
Sergio

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home